2020 Capital Campaign
We are celebrating 10 years progress since Common Wealth, Inc. purchased 901-907 Elm St in 2009! It was the start of our work to Grow Elm St. as a walkable, inclusive neighborhood with new shops, jobs, opportunities, and friendships.
Common Wealth raised funds to retrofit 8 buildings & celebrate openings of:
- Common Wealth Kitchen Incubator, helping startup of 125 business;
- Five shops: Culturehouse Coffee Company, Red Road Apothecary, Mel’s Habitat, Stitchwork by Janet, & Once Upon a Time Art Studio;
- Three restaurants: Cultivate Cafe, Elm Street Diner, & Rev’s Ribs;
- Lake-to-River Co-op and a Composting Center;
- 12 apartments on Elm & 4 homes on Baldwin.
In 2020 we plan to embark on:
- Construction of 8 live/work space in townhomes including:
- commercial space on the ground floor and
- living space on two floors of above for:
- Makers & artisans fueled by the Elm energy,
- Students needing moderately priced housing,
- GenXers seeking active lifestyle with proximity to shops, greenspace & transportation;
- Construction of a nanobrewery where experienced brewers can share knowledge with homebrewers to generate new opportunities.
Please join us on Saturday, December 28th 7:00pm-9:00pm for an evening of great food from Kitchen Incubator & Cultivate Café, music, and good cheer as we celebrate the remarkable progress & usher in the next phases.
Every $100 gift will help with plans & permits;
Every $250 gift will install a window;
Every $500 gift will help install a door;
Every $1,000 gift will help lay a floor;
Every $5,000 gift will build a wall;
Every $10,000 gift will put on a roof!
Thank you so much for your support over the years to build a healthier, inclusive, and more sustainable community. Let us know if you will join us with a call to 330.518.6970. If you can’t stop in, please consider mailing a tax-deductible donation today or click the donate button below . It will help us leverage more funds to Grow Elm!